At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Saturday, November 5, 2011

looking better

Shaun's top line is looking almost rideable. The atrophy he had is gone, replaced by a good coat of winter fuz and muscle. The supplement,, formula 4 feet has made a huge difference in the quality of his hoof wall. He's holding a shoe and the dry line cracks going up his feet have stopped right at the growth place where I started him on the supplement. Very dramatic difference, and you can really see it in his coat. He's actually growing a lot of tail and mane, too. I don't pull manes, or trim a bridle path. Lol, hippie horses in this heard. He's doing reall well.
Three inches of rain on the way for Monday, so he'll be sporting his Matrix like rain sheet since it will be a cold rain.
I think the best part of all is how loving and connected this horse is. Always checking in, happy to see you, runs in for breakfast every morning, and loves human company. He trusts me. When I whisper that I love him, his eyes soften and he breaths me in. It's a love affair that both the man and my life, and my daughter envy. He is such a gentle soul. I'm so glad he's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment