At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Sunday, October 30, 2011

cat fight

Had just pulled fly masks in back pasture when I heard one of my barn cats making quite the ruckus. Sounded a bit like a coyote attack, which had me running as fast as my short legs would carry me. I sent the border collie ahead in an explosion of fur and teeth. I ran as fast as I could, adrenelin racing through my veins, whites of my eyes flashing, single minded and ready to do damage! What I didn't realize, Shaun was right behind me, my wing man! We both got back to where the kitty was in trouble at exactly the same time, breathing hard, heads high and wildly looking around for the sounds of trouble. I had no doubt he would have fought side by side with me, battling rabid, cat killing coyotes, ripping fur from snapping jaws and freeing terrorized kitties in defense of all cat kind! Sorry. Nice to know your horse has your back.
Just before I pulled his mask, I did protect him from the angus bull calf across the road who dared look his way. Guess it was pay back. Love this horse. Cat was fine. Tinker was picking on Bob, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment