At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 2012

We will be heading for our first clinic, Shaun and I. If we can get him loaded into the trailer. Tony and Jenny Vought will be putting on a young horse handling/ground work clinic for horses that need starting or restarting. That would be Shaun. It will be the first of his many encounters with Tony and Jenny. I may take all three horses to the five day horsemanship clinic at the end of the month. They all need a tune up.
He is comfortable being a horse, his feet are looking much better thanks to a great supplement, Formula 4 Feet. He is shiny, and healthy and has figured out his horsey behavior within the herd. It's still a bit funny to watch my 13 hh quarter horse, Bit push him around. Eclipse, my mft mare is a little more patient with him. Funny, when Ecilpse leaves with me, my lead mare, Shaun takes over lead horse position until we get back. Bit is a follower, and does not like the lead mare job. She's bossy, but she's not that confident. Shuan takes the job quite seriously. All he needs is a pocket protector and some nerdy glasses. I'm thinking he'll be that kind of ride, too. Yes, I plan on riding this big boy. A saddle may be the biggest challenge. His withers are so high, I'm not sure what kind of western saddle will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment