At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Friday, July 22, 2011

Horsetalknz to the rescue

The folks at auction horses were very helpful, but it was Susan Young that noticed Cusack was a New Zealand race horse. Susan is from New Zealand, originally. She gave Neil at horse talk a call and then contacted me. I got right on it, and just prayed that it would all come together, some how. Of course I hadn't told my husband about the new horse. I wasn't really allowed another horse. I mean, why tell him when I didn't even know if I had another horse?
My husband felt that four horses was plenty, and he was absolutely right. I promised, NO MORE HORSES, and truly meant to keep my promise. I was in the shop with Tony, when the phone rang. He answered the phone and said, "You have an international call". Oh no! It was Neil, calling from New Zealand about bringing Cusack to Kansas! Yes, Tony heard the whole thing. After I hung up with Neil, I slowly turned around and faced my fate. Literally.
"Deb, are we getting another horse?"
"Um, yes?"
"I want to negotiate."
Tony got yet another get out of jail free card. He has several. And Neil confirmed that Horsetalk would not only purchase Cusack, he would pay for shipping, too. Two miracles in one day. First Susan spotted Cusack's tattoo, and then from the other side of the world, we got the help we needed.
The whole time, I can feel this horse and what he's feeling. I swear, he spoke to me.
Once I got the word from Neil, I called the auction house, paid for Cusack and then put out the word for help. I had to get him out of there. I needed another miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment