At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Finally found a good farrier

Present time, I finally found a good farrier. He did an assessment on Shaun and said he looked like he would make a good trail horse. He won't be jumping, and maybe not dressage, but just toolin around on the trails? He's good to go. That's exactly what I wanted for him, so when he's ready, we'll get going. Have a saddle on the way that will fit him, again, when he is ready. We still have a lot of sharing territory to do to establish that bond and trust. No hurry, we both have about 20 years!
When we arrived home, Shuan was curious, tired, and didn't know me from Adam. No really, I wasn't even on his radar. My green grass was, the mares were, but not me. Eclipse was curious but Bit was miffed. Eclipse belonged to her ,you see. The boys were still in Iowa at the trainers, so Shuanie still had a couple of weeks to get aquainted with the mares, and hopefully be accepted. Bit was having none of it. She's a tiny, little quarter horse, maybe around 13.5 hh? Shaun is 16.2 hh. Bit is kicking his butt. I needed another miracle, but at this point, I think the angels were having a good chuckle at Bit chasing this very large throughbred around the pasture. He'd just have to serve his time, and pray those mares eventually liked him. He eventually went up to the shelter and slept and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment