At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I think he's ok

The farrier came out and made custom shoes for Shaun. The nail holes were close to the outer edge of the shoe, so he could attach them to the foot. Shaun took one, shakey test step, weighted it, took another, and then he started walking. He's not 100 per cent. Not galloping. But he's walking. He had a tough time trusting that it wouldn't hurt, but he's walking.
He was by himself in the shelter after I fed him dinner. The herd had moved down to the well pasture, about 2 acres away. I asked him to come with me, and he just stood there. I walked a little ways and asked again, he took a step. Good boy! Eventually, he started following me down. Two acres later, he was with his herd, grazing, and happy. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment