At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's cooling off!

Today is the last day of ugly hot weather. We have rain about two counties away, so hoping that hits us to soften the ground up a bit. I've got green pastures, with long grass so this isn't like a rock lot here. Still, I'd like Shaun to have some soft footing and gradually ease into firm ground. Boots are working out well for him, and you should see his eyes!!!!!! If someone is in pain, their face changes. If you are a mom, you know what I mean. You can just look at your kid and you KNOW! Yesterday Mr. Bright Eyes had the most beautiful, big eyes! He's really looking like his old self! His eyes are even bigger than my arabains! Will take the camera out and get some pictures. I know I keep saying that, but it's so hard to deal with pictures when the heat index is past 108. Your brain just shuts off, and all you want to do is crawl into the shade and wait for fall.
Speaking of which, fall arrives tomorrow! Glad to say, it arrives all the way down into old Mexico, according to the weather channel. I'm ready to move to Colorado for the summers, and I can see why rich folk have two homes. Hard to find perfect weather all the time. Everyone in hurricaines path, stay safe!
Regarding shoeing, thanks for posting about possible alternative shoeing. My farrier is very open to whatever works for the horse. He works closely with a vet and is always trying to figure out how to make a horse comfortable, treat the problem not the symptom, and has no issues with a horse going barefoot. I'll pass that information on to him. I may be looking at Epona's for the winter. Their winter shoe has carbide tips, and a mesh covering over the frog, so it's a perfect snow shoe. Trying to get my farrier to look into them and shoe three of my tenderfoots this winter in them.
Off to feed before the t storm hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment