At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

actha

Just got an invite to audition for America's Greatest Trail Horse. Considering I haven't ridden Shaun yet, I don't think he'll be heading to Texas this year. His top line is just getting enough muscle to think about a saddle. Comparing the picture of him in the kill pen, to how he looks now, he's a different horse. He's not scared anymore. I catch glimpses of who he might have been before humans did what they did to him. No one wants to talk about it, after that last race. I think they must be afraid I'm going to do some bashing. It would help to know how he was injured, what was done, where he was sent, and why it didn't work out for him. A horses history can be real helpful when dealing with physical challenges. I wish I knew more.
I have bought Shaun a heavy blanket for winter, but I swear he generates so much heat, I don't know if he'll need it. I worry about arthritis, and the cold. His trot is better. It doesn't look so much like he's got too much leg. He used to look like a fawn trying to move. His canter is still off in the rear end. I wonder if he just needs time to heal. I can give him that.

No comments:

Post a Comment