At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Half a herd

I just took Eclipse, my lead mare and Hawk, the dominate gelding down to Missouri for training, which leaves Bit and Shaun wondering what the heck happened to the herd. Bit never really liked Shaun all that much, so this has been good for them to buddy up and graze nose to nose. I'll be taking them both down to s. Kansas to help move some cattle on a ranch. Shaun will be hanging out with some other ranch horses, and Bit (who I haven't ridden in three years) and I will be moving cattle. If you don't hear from me again, it did not go well. lol! I won't be riding Mr. Shaun any time this winter. His top line is still not where it needs to be for a saddle, and he still needs to put on a lot more muscle. He is happy and enjoying all the grass and room he has to run. He's pretty attached to me and Bit and seems more content when the three of us are out "grazing" together. Headed out to throw a saddle on my sweet little quarter horse and hope she isn't too put out by the intrusion on her day. Shaun, as always, will be right by our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment