At the kill pen

At the kill pen
Waiting for a miracle

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The drive home

It was hot, and we still had an hour before we'd be pulling into the driveway. I did take it slow over the railroad tracks on the way out of town. Suddenly, my daughter was urging me to "just go!", and I thought she was concerned about the guy tail gaiting me. No, she was concerned about the rail road crossing gaurds lowering, the lights flashing and the train that was making it's way down the track. It became apparant that speed was more important than keeping the ride smooth, and I floored it! It got our hearts beating! Thankfully, a non eventful ride home and Shaun seemed no worse for the wear.
He backed out of the trailer just fine, took a look around, and led right into the pasture. Eclipse and Bit were about an acre away, so after checking out the fence line, we headed up to meet the mares after a nice roll in the shelter. Now Eclipse really liked Shaun, but Bitty was not happy with the new guy. She was sure he was going to take his mare! Please keep in mind, Bit is about 13.5 hh, and Shaun is 16.2 hh. Bit tried to terrorize him, to the point that I stayed with him until 11:00 p.m. It was a great time to bond, and by the time I staggered on down to the house, peace reigned in the pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment